The arrival of the third installment of the Flip skateboards Sorry series is getting closer and closer every day. Flip’s a funny company because they were around for awhile before they released a video. It just took them a little bit to get their act together, which is expected. This is skateboarding, as much as some other companies want it to be more like baseball or something, or even snowboarding for that matter. We’re not in the fucking Olympics, and let’s hope we never are.
Alright, well back to my point. It took this British skateboard company some time to release a video, so when they did in 2002, they called it Sorry. Then a year later they released some leftovers under the name Really Sorry. That was six years ago, and now it’s time for Extremely Sorry. This much anticipated video is going to have some new guys, and is expected to be one of the videos of the year.
Here’s a MORINformed Top 10 list of reasons and questions as to why you should be prepared to cruise by your local shop, cough up the money, and pick a copy up for yourself.
1. Mark Appleyard’s part. May just be the best section of 2009.
2. Geoff Rowley as usual has a lot of say in what makes the cut, so you know it’s going to gnargit.
3. The young-new guys who haven’t been in a Flip video yet. Names like: David Gonzales, Rodrigo TX, Luan Oliveira Louie Lopez and Curren Caples are going to show you what the future holds.
4. The old-new guys who haven’t been in a Flip video yet. Lance Mountain and Bob Burnquist have been in the game for longer than most, are still on a pro team, and still kill it.
5. Tom Penny? You never know what you’re going to get with this guy.
6. Shane Cross tribute? I wonder if they’ve been sitting on some unused footage of the one we lost way too soon.
7. Will Johnny Rotten, excuse me, I mean John Lydon make another appearance.
8. The sound track. They hired this guy Baron from England to make an original soundtrack for the movie.
9. Will General Rowley take us on a Mountain Lion hunt, or show us some footage from the secret skate facility in the desert.
10. If Rune has an absolutley killer section of pool and park destruction, and since Rowley, Appleyard and Burnquist already have one, could Phelps make it a foursome and declare Rune the Thrasher “Skater of the Year,” aka S.O.T.Y. He has been killing transition everywhere, and winning contest after contest along the way. Plus, you know Jake Phelps is all about the pool/park guys. Fuck, Tony Trujillo has a S.O.T.Y.