A lot of questions still need answering with the start to the 2011 ASP World Tour only 10 days away…
1. Does Kelly Slater have the will to keep going?
2. Can Jordy Smith keep his 2010 momentum?
3. What impact will Dane Reynolds‘ injury have on his season?
4. Will rookie Julian Wilson make things interesting out of the gate?
5. Are Parko and Mick as keen as ever to make a run at the top?
6. Can Owen Wright earn his first breakout win in 2011?
7. Which Brazilian upstart is most likely going to surprise us most?
These are the same questions fantasy players are pondering, because with up to $100,000 for anyone who can accurately predict all 11 tour stop winners over at Fantasy Action Sports League, things continue to get more interesting for surfing fans.
And that’s just the beginning.
Whether you’re a casual fan, or the hardcore fantasy freak, there’s serious fun to be had in this year’s FASL surfing game. Aside from the bragging rights, free members can play for a variety of prizes. Premium members play for all that plus some cash at each stop.
Naturally, if you’re going after the season title your best bet is to pick a team now (before the Quiksilver Pro) to improve your odds of taking the entire season. Each players best 7 results (of 11 events) count toward their final season score.
If you’re a little gun shy about going it alone, or maybe you consider yourself more of a team player, you may want to join 9 of your buddies on a league team, which is just one more way to have fun. By taking the results of your team’s best players during each event, the league teams get pretty darn competitive.
And finally, if you need some brushing up on your Fantasy picking skills you need not wait for one of the 11 World Tour events this year for your next chance to play, because FASL has individual games set up for each of this year’s ASP Prime events as well, like the Nike 6.0 Lowers Pro and the US Open of Surfing.