Let’s keep things simple. Here are seven reasons you need to watch 2 Fat 2 Furious: A Fat Bike Freeride Film, which Rocky Mountain Bicycles recently gifted The Internet:
- Epic crashes that make you laugh, not wince, because soft.
- The title. Seriously. Could it be any better?
- Three rippers — Geoff Gulevich, Wade Simmons and Noah Brousseau — showing that their dirt skills transfer to snow quite nicely.
- A sequence that’s equal parts BMX and downhill — shot at night. With headlamps taped onto helmets.
- Because seeing mountain bikers shred pow is awesome. They get fresh lines, huck cliffs and crash big. And seeing a rider get up immediately post-crash, laughing himself silly, rocks. A rider throwing a mellow “But I’m OK!” shaka is a close second.
- Finally, an answer to the question, “Can fat bikes handle a decent-size drop?”
- An awesome garage mixed with surf soundtrack.
Of course, there’s only one reason not to watch 2 Fat 2 Furious: A Fat Bike Freeride Film:
- You don’t have $2,600 to spare on a Blizzard 50, the rig the fellas are all on. You’re gonna want one of these aluminum 10-speed fatties with disc brakes and 120 mm of travel up front. The 50 looks like it will be as fun on the dirt as it is in the snow.
No go on, take your edit-drop break for the day.
More from GrindTV