SO-GNAR MIGHTY MIDWEST SNOWBOARDING CAMP TOUR COMES TO WINTER PARK NOVEMBER 27-28
Skullcandy dB is proud to announce the 5th SO-GNAR Mighty Midwest Snowboard Camp Tour! The first camp will be Nov. 27-28 at Winter Park Resort! The camp runs from 9:00am – 3:30pm daily (see detailed schedule below).
This snowboard camp is the first-of-its-kind ever to hit Winter Park Resort. Unlike traditional snowboard camps that require you to fork out an unholy amount of dough and travel to some unfamiliar, far-away resort, the SO-GNAR Mighty Midwest Snowboard Camp Tour brings the fun, progression, and pro-rider coaching to your local shred spot.
Don’t miss out on all the fun, progression and product giveaways that is the SO-GNAR Mighty Midwest Snowboard Camp Tour. FREE 1-year subscription to SNOWBOARDER MAG included w/registration!
The SO-GNAR Mighty Midwest Snowboard Camp Tour is a series of 2-day youth snowboard camps coming to a mountain near you. Unlike traditional snowboard camps that require you to fork out an unholy amount of dough and travel to some unfamiliar, far-away resort, the SO-GNAR Mighty Midwest Snowboard Camp Tour brings the fun, progression and pro-rider coaching to your local shred spot. With 12 stops across the Midwest, Colorado, California, Washington and our first-ever camp in Japan, this year’s Tour is bound to be the best ever.
The SO-GNAR Mighty Midwest Snowboard Camp Tour was started 5 years ago by pro-snowboarder and Midwest native, Pat Milbery. Pat’s original goal was to give back to his hometown community in Minnesota by making traditional, expensive, distant snowboard camps available to local kids who didn’t have the financial means or resources to attend. This is the first year Pat has expanded the Tour outside the Midwest region to include camps in Colorado, California, Washington and Japan. He hopes to continue the growth of the SO-GNAR Mighty Midwest Snowboard Camp Tour year after year to include camps all across the globe.
Schedule, Coaches, Activities, Lunch, Free Product Giveaway!
Saturday, November 27th
– 8:00am – 9:00am: Registration
– 9:00am: Introduction & group campers up with coaches
– 9:30am: Hop on the lifts
– 9:30am: 12:30pm Shred
– 12:30pm: Break for lunch (included in price of camp)
– 1:30pm – 4:00pm Shred
– 4:00pm: end of day (campers meet up with parents)
Sunday, November 28th:
– 9:00am: campers meet up w/coaches
– 9:30am: Hop on the lifts
– 9:30am – 12:00pm: Shred
– 12:00pm: Break for lunch (included in price of camp)
– 1:00pm – 3:30: Progression Session (on-snow)
– 3:30pm – 4:30pm: Awards & FREE swag giveaways
– 4:30pm: end of camp :(
All coaches have a combination of the following experience:
– Coaches are professional snowboarders and/or expert competition riders
– Coaches have significant experience in youth coaching and have coached previously at either Windells Snowboard Camp or High Cascade Snowboard Camp, which are the most reputable freestyle summer snowboard camps in the nation.
– Coaches are currently coaching for the Winter Park Snowboard Team, a program of the Winter Park Competition Center.
Daily activities include:
– Shredding with coaches and friends!
– Progression Session on 2nd day (progression contest for all campers)
– award ceremony and FREE swag giveaways to all campers on 2nd day!
Lunch provided by EVOL Burritos
– EVOL will be providing a large variety of burritos for the campers (meat, vegetarian, vegan, gluten free) and we will be able to cater to allergies and special diet needs.
– We will have a food form for parents to fill out when they drop off their kids on the first day of camp.Free product giveaways from sponsors! Skullcandy dB