ispo Summer 04 Captures The European Surf SceneWhen ispo summer 04 formally launches the summer trade show season July 4-6 in Munich, it will present the European surf scene as it’s experienced from the shores of Spain and France to the cultures of the inland countries. It will also feature plenty of the spicy ispo seasonings, with seminars, summits, parties, retailer tours, and fashion shows also planned.
A full slate of American, global, and European exhibitors will head up the surf segment of board_ispo. Confirmed international exhibitors include O’Neill, Quiksilver, Billabong, Vans, Roxy, Maui & Sons, DC, Globe, Gallaz, Osiris, Oakley, Von Zipper, and Dragon. European brands that will appeal to American consumers include Brunotti, Chiemsee, Below Zero, US40, Carhartt, We Clothing, and Nikita.
In addition, board_ispo’s two pet projects for up-and-coming companies, Seed Bed and Rider Owned Brands, are full with exhibitors. These programs enable new companies to visit the worldwide stage that ispo provides and introduce their products to the world.
Retailers who sell both surf and skate will be able to take full advantage of the merchandising and promotional seminars offered at board_ispo skate summit, which takes place in the board_ispo halls for all three days of the show.
Some other features, highlights and directions for those planning to make the trip over to Munich for ispo summer 04:
• The board_ispo community night will be held on Sunday, July 4. This will be the night for exhibitors and visitors to rage together.
• ispo is the first summer trade show to take place since the European Union expanded to 25 nations and 450 million consumers—adding to the influence board sports companies will have in Munich. The long-time trade nucleus for the surf communities of Italy, France, Spain, England, ispo also brings the surf culture deeper into the developing countries.
• ispo and Air France have partnered up to create discount rates of as much as 45% for flights originating in the United States and passing through Paris. Call 011-33-820-820-820 or visit www.airfrance.com, and when you make your reservation, type in the code AXZE ISPO and identify yourself as an ispo trade visitor or exhibitor.
• Just five miles from the New Munich Trade Fair Center is a standing three-foot wave that visitors love to surf. Kelly Slater has tried it; so should you. It is located below Prinzregentenstr., next to the Bavarian National Museum and the Isar River.
• Hours for ispo summer 04 will be 9 a.m.-7 p.m. on Sunday and Monday, July 4-5, and 9 a.m.-6 p.m. on Tuesday, July 6.
• Munich features some of the best night life in Europe: Check out Holy Home, Funky Kitchen, Atomic Café, Erste Liga, Muffathalle and Johannis café.
• Munich also has hundreds of great restaurants. Top places to eat include Bergwolf, Nektar, Santini, Nage & Sauge, Orangha Restaurant, Last Supper, Sushi & Soul, Eat the Rich, Alter Simpl, Ododo and two American favorites, Hofbrau Haus and Schneiderweisse.
• The U-bahn (Subway) and S-bahn (Above-ground) train services are free for all ispo attendees and exhibitors. The U2 and U7 trains take visitors from downtown Munich stations to New Munich Trade Fair Center (Messestadt Ost or East). These trains pass through the Hauptbahnhof (Central Train Station) and Sendlinger Tor stations, which connect to the other major U-bahn links to Munich: U1, U3, U4, U5, U6 and U8, plus all of the S-bahn lines. Easy-to-read maps are posted on all station walls.