Kelly was a freak today, as we already knew he was. When he surfs like he did today at the Hurley Pro it’s impossible to knock him down. I’m pretty sure seeing that number 1 on Jordy Smith’s back the entire week ate him up and lit the fire that could potentially lead to his 10th world title—but that’s months away and things can change at the drop of a hat. But Kelly does find himself in that number 1 slot now and I have a strange feeling that we won’t be seeing it leave his grasp this year…
ASP WORLD TITLE RACE TOP 5 (After Hurley Pro at Trestles):
1. Kelly Slater (USA) 40,000 pts
2. Jordy Smith (ZAF) 35,500 pts
3. Taj Burrow (AUS) 30,500 pts
4. Dane Reynolds (USA) 30,250 pts
5. Mick Fanning (AUS) 29,500 pts
HEAD TO THE NEXT PAGE FOR THE OFFICIAL ASP PRESS RELEASE.