Kelly takes the ratings lead.
Don’t look now, but Kelly Slater is back on top of the men’s WCT ratings after a clean South Pacific sweep. Slater followed up his electrifying Tahiti performance with an equally dominating showing at the inaugural Globe Fiji Pro.
The surf for the event went from too small to too big and everything in between. Restaurants and Cloudbreak provided the thrills, and TransWorld SURF’s own Chris Cotà‡ supplied the commentary antics. Make sure to pick up the November issue of TransWorld SURF for a full-length, in-depth feature looking behind-the-scenes at the pros’ favorite venue-Tavarua. The mag also comes with a free Globe Fiji Pro DVD-it’s gonna be insane!
Official Results For The Globe Fiji Pro
1) Kelly Slater (USA) $30,000
2) C.J. Hobgood (USA) $16,000
3) Bruce Irons (HAW), Fred Patacchia (HAW) $10,000
5) Phillip MacDonald (AUS), Cory Lopez (USA), Dean Morrison (AUS), Travis Logie (ZAF) $8,000
Men’s WCT Ratings After The Globe Fiji Pro
1) Kelly Slater (USA) 3,542 points
2) Trent Munro (AUS) 3,276
3) C.J. Hobgood (USA) 3,096
4) Andy Irons (HAW) 2.964
5) Mick Fanning (AUS) 2,620
6) Fred Patacchia (HAW) 2,618
7) Damien Hobgood (USA) 2,589
8) Dean Morrison (AUS) 2,474
9) Cory Lopez (USA) 2,433
10) Taj Burrow (AUS) 2,428