We’re looking for one or two editorial interns for Winter and Spring 2005. Interns are typically students looking to get some experience in the journalism world, though we also occasionally end up with surf groupies who just want to be nearer the pros. We desperately need the former. If you are the latter, please don’t contact us. Furthermore, if you don’t know what “former or “latter mean, don’t contact us.
We’re looking for a smart college student who surfs, lives in the San Diego area, and wants the opportunity to work on a magazine editorial staff for free. Are you him/her?
Here’s what an intern does:
– Assists editors in all facets of their work from transcribing interviews to submitting expense reports to corresponding with readers to editing short column pieces
– Laughs at all editor’s jokes, funny or not
– Posts news and features on web
– Really good interns might even end up writing for the magazine
Here’s whats required of internship candidates:
– Must be enrolled in a school that will give you credit for doing an internship
– Must have a good grasp of the English language
– Should have a general understanding of surfing
– Should have a loving and caring relationship with Apple computers
– Must have a good attitude
TransWorld is a cool place to work, and internships here provide valuable experience to future writers, photographers, artists, and practitioners of other chemically imbalanced professions.
If you want to apply, send your resume and a sample of your writing to Editor In Chief Joel Patterson (firstname.lastname@example.org).