Check Out Highlights From The 2013 IASC Skateboarding Summit
The 6th Annual IASC Skateboarding Summit took place last week, May 8-10, 2013, in Anaheim, California, hosting the skateboarding’s most influential players as the industry convened to discuss the issues facing the sport and the opportunities on the horizon.
This year’s Summit took a trip across Anaheim to a new location at the Sheraton Park hotel, which also hosted the 4th annual Skateboarding Hall of Fame induction on Thursday night, and was a perfect location for all aspects of the week’s agenda from meetings, to networking, to parties, and located a stone’s throw from the Vans Skatepark, home of Saturday’s Vans Pool Party Presented by Pro-Tec.
The Summit’s two-day speaker line up, organized by IASC Executive Director Josh Friedberg and Jardine Hammond, was one of the best to date with a broad array of topics both from within skateboarding and the broader market at large focusing on new perspectives, insight, and the knowledge to help attendees grow their companies in today’s ever-changing environment.
Here’s a look at the lineup:
· Mike Lewis, Editor-in-Chief of TransWorld Business: State of Skate, an in-depth, data-driven look at the state of the industry.
· Bobby Kim, Co-Founder of The Hundreds: Skateboarding is up for grabs, so stop talking and start taking.
· Johnny Schillereff, Founder/CEO of Element and Nick Tershay, Founder of Diamond Supply Co. discuss the roadmap for growing skate hardgoods companies into lifestyle brands.
· Kevin Duffel, Editor of TransWorld SKATEboarding; Jamey Stone, Publisher of Skateboarder Magazine; and Jesse Fritsch, Content Producer at Ride Channel: Discuss skateboarding’s current digital media landscape.
· Jeff Harbaugh of Jeff Harbaugh & Associates presents: A Business Model for our Times and its Economic Justification.
· Robert Brink, Digital Communications Manager Emerica/Altamont; Joel Jutagir, Owner of Metro Skateshop and Heath Brinkley, Founder of Social Ops discuss digital strategy and tools from a brand, skateshop and rider perspective.
· Todd Richards, Olympian and lifelong skateboarder takes a look at the impact of the Olympics on the snowboarding industry and what skateboarding can expect as it edges ever closer to Olympic inclusion.
· NHS Founder Richard Novak and Bob Denike, President/CEO of NHS talk 40 years of Santa Cruz Skateboards with Tiffany Montgomery of Shop-Eat-Surf.