OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE – The X2 is the latest version of the World Standard FCS system featuring a new dramatically stronger material. X2 is 40 % stronger than the existing P2 plug. It is the lightest, strongest, high performance fin system available in the world today. FCS has done extensive testing by breaking hundreds of systems and comparing the results in specially made cassettes that replicate the rail section of a surfboard. X2 offers all of the benefits of FCS, with 40 % more strength.
1. Strength. The patented H pattern attaches the plugs with an I-beam of strength that connects from the bottom of the board right through to the deck directly under the riders feet. Since the foam in a surfboard has very little strength the H pattern connects the only two structural parts of the board, the fiberglass skins on the deck and the bottom. The H pattern enables the FCS plugs to be the strongest fin system in all of our testing.
2. Performance Weight. The X2 is the lightest fin system available on the market.
3. Performance, Lateral pressure. Because the fins are held in place by two screws that push against the base of the fin, base flex is greatly reduced. The fins feel much more rigid at the base and allow the direct transfer of power from your feet into your turns.
4. Accuracy, Shapers dots are showing: Shapers spend a lot of time on their fin placements and synchronizing them with the performance their trying to achieve in a board. We feel it is very important to see the shapers dots because they tell you at a glance that the fin system has been installed accurately. While other box systems require removal of the shapers dots, FCS does not. We know that a quarter inch difference in fin placement can make a big difference on how your board performs. FCS gives you that quality assurance at a glance without complicated measuring.
5. Performance tail flex: Because the FCS plugs have the smallest footprint they allow the tail of the board to flex more naturally. Obviously tail flex is very important because it helps you create speed. It also makes the board more forgiving in radical maneuvers due the natural adjustment with the curve of the wave and the arc of your turns.
6 Accuracy and Strength cant angles: Accuracy includes cant angles as well. Because X2 is a plug it can be angled dramatically and has a 4 degree cant angle built into the the rail plugs of the system. It is easier to install for the manufacturer because it matches the contour of the bottom of the board better. This allows for a better stronger installation with truer fin cant angles every time.
7. Adaptability: The small footprint of the X2 plug also allows it to fit easily into boards with channel bottoms Bonzer concaves and other dramatic bottom contours.