Network A is currently hiring a managing editor based in its New York City offices.
Managing Editor, Network A
Network A, the new home for action sports content online, is looking for a New York City-based Managing Editor to oversee NetworkA.com. The ideal candidate is an experienced, organized media pro who's totally obsessed with surfing, skating, snowboarding, BMX, Motocross, Freeskiing, Drifting, and other epic lifestyle sports. You'll be responsible for the daily management of NetworkA.com, including scouring the internet to find the best action sports videos, writing catchy headlines, managing curation to NetworkA.com, specifically ensuring partnerships and advertising initiatives are handled, and generally working to make NetworkA.com the top online destination for action sports.
Come work with us!
- We offer competitive salary, health benefits (medical, dental, vision), and equity
- Laid-back environment: jeans, plaid, t-shirts, you get the gist
- Bring your dog to work—they'll love our wood floors
- Sunny window view overlooking the heart of SoHo and its endless food and bar options
- Flexible work hours, relocation assistance, friendly co-workers to geek out with
Bedrocket Media Ventures is a disruptive media startup looking to change the way people discover and consume great entertainment in the cloud. Our platforms are not only revolutionizing the way entertainment is created and distributed, we're also inventing new forms of interactive programming that will drive the future of video storytelling. We're a fast-growing, venture-backed company that was founded by the co-founder of Huffington Post and the founder of multiple successful cable networks, and we're building a radical team of creative thinkers and expert doers who are passionate about pioneering a truly new model for media.
- Curate daily mix of top action sports videos to NetworkA.com through tracking of relevant actions sports feeds, websites, tastemakers, and social media sites.
- Define and maintain a distinct Network A voice and feel.
- Write compelling SEO optimized titles and descriptions.
- Interpret and respond to analytics.
- Work with programming, design, marketing, and partnerships teams.
- Create editorial packages to meet advertising/partnership needs.
- Organize and manage photography and illustrations.
- 3+ years experience as an online editor or other digital media position within action sports.
- Well-connected tastemaker on top of current action sports trends.
- Able to operate within web-based content management systems.
- Competent using video hosting sites including YouTube and Vimeo.
- Able to interpret and respond to analytics report data.
- Organized and detailed workflow skills a must.
- Comfortable and capable at working with image and video files.
- Competent and active in social media.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on diverse projects simultaneously and to shift gears on short notice.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bedrocket is an equal opportunity employer. No recruiters, please.