OIA Releases New Board Of Directors
Press Release: Outdoor Industry Association (OIA) announced its newly elected 2013-2014 board of directors. The board also selected its officers, naming Jennifer Mull, CEO of Backwoods, Inc., as chair; Zohar Ziv, President and COO of Deckers Corp., as 1st vice chair; Casey Sheahan, CEO of Patagonia, as 2nd vice chair; Travis Campbell, CEO of Far Bank Enterprises, as Treasurer; and Sue Rechner, President and CEO of Confluence Watersports, as Secretary.
"I have thoroughly enjoyed serving on the OIA board with an amazing group of industry executives," said Mull. "I am honored to be named chair and look forward to serving the needs of our members to ensure a vibrant, healthy future for the industry."
As a member driven organization, the OIA board consists of 18 industry elected members and 10 appointed non-voting members, who may serve up to two consecutive three-year terms.
New or reelected voting board members serving three-year terms include:
- Todd Bradley, Co-Founder, C4 Waterman
- Travis Campbell, CEO, Far Bank Enterprises (Sage)
- Scott Kerslake, CEO, prAna
- Jennifer Mull, CEO, Backwoods, Inc.
- Mark Satkiewicz, President, SmartWool, Americas
- Jim Zwiers, President, Wolverine Outdoor Group, Wolverine Worldwide Inc.
Newly appointed non-voting board members include:
- Peter Bragdon, Senior Vice President of Legal and Corporate Affairs, Columbia Sportswear Company
- David Labistour, CEO, Mountain Equipment Co-op
- Eva Lorenz, DMM Sporting Goods, Amazon
- Ed Schmults, CEO, Wild Things
- Nora Stowell, VP of Sales, Amer Sports Group
Continuing OIA board members include:
- Darren Bush, President, Rutabaga Paddlesports
- Carolyn Brodsky, President, Sterling Rope Co.
- Fred Clark, CEO, Thule
- Darrell Denny, SVP, Emerald Expositions
- Bob Holding, Co-Founder, Waypoint Outdoor
- John Lacy, EVP Global Product and North American Sales, Burton Corporation
- Jill Layfield, President and CEO, Backcountry.com
- David Kulow, President and CEO, All Terrain
- Will Manzer, Past Chair, OIA
- Ed McAlister, President, River Sports Outfitters
- Sue Rechner, President and CEO, Confluence Watersports
- Gordon Seabury, CEO, Horny Toad
- Casey Sheahan, President and CEO, Patagonia
- Brian Unmacht, Interim CEO, REI
- Kim Walker, Founder and President, outdoor DIVAS
- Zohar Ziv, COO, Deckers Corp.
The following board members have reached the end of their terms:
- Mark Bryden, President, lucy Activewear
- Sutton Bacon, President & CEO, Nantahala Outdoors
- Tom Barney, CEO, Osprey
- Andy Vecchione, former President and CEO, Polartec
- Mark Taylor, VP Finance, Amer Sports
"We have a tremendous roster of smart, insightful, committed executives on this board," said Frank Hugelmeyer, president and CEO of OIA. "Their deep experience and diverse perspectives add great insight into how OIA can help our members adapt to changes in the marketplace and equip them for success."
The OIA Board of Directors' responsibilities are to guide the overall strategic direction for OIA; to establish policies and positions for OIA; to monitor OIA's financial health, programs and overall performance; to prepare the industry and association for the future; and to ensure OIA has the resources to meet the needs of OIA members.