THE ROARK REVIVAL: APPAREL DESIGN DIRECTOR
Roark requires an accomplished designer to create collections inspired by our seasonal trips focused on adventurism, local cultural and firsthand experience on the ground. Our travels have taken us to Cuba, Tokyo, Nepal, Iceland, Vietnam, Senegal, Bali and beyond. The designer is expected to travel with the team and have a thirst for exploration, people, culture, danger and experience. Our product ranges from technical outerwear to woven shirting, denim and functional board shorts. The apparel is meant to perform on the trail and at the bar.
Roark is a adventure lifestyle brand based in Laguna Beach, Ca. that has won numerous awards for its efforts. The brand chronicles the exploits of a bar-brawling hellion across the globe inspiring collections of clothing and trinkets inspired by the travels. It's distributed in wide variety of retailers from surf, skate and snow to outdoor, travel and menswear doors. Follow the revival at www.roark.com
· Responsible for design direction and development from concept to completion
· Proven ability to translate market trends and concepts and formally present them.
· Lead and direct key initiatives across all product categories.
· Work with sales representatives on specific cad requests and pricing goals.
· Occasionally meet with buyers to discuss styles or the future product goals.
· Partners with Director of Merchandising to ensure commercial success of seasonal line offerings and innovative advanced products.
· Develops and tracks a design schedule to ensure timely completion of designs and design packages according to the development calendar.
· Responsible for the execution of high quality design/ tech packages during design process.
· Will work closely with the PLM system to manage all tech packs and BOM's related to each style.
· Direct Tech Department on Roark standards and daily workflow.
· Gain design approvals as required by Roark management.
· Consistently identify opportunities to increase productivity and efficiency within the division.
· Ability to manage budgets and stay on calendar.
· Qualified candidates should have a minimum of 10 years with experience in apparel design.
· Proven leadership experience and managerial skills.
· Ability to set overall creative tone and lead creative design process
· Excellent sense of style and color
· College degree in Fashion Design or related field
· Computer skills – MS Office, Illustrator, and Photoshop
· Strong problem-solving abilities, organizational and planning skills required.
· Works well under pressure and tight deadlines.
· Firm understanding of costing and garment construction.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills along with the ability to facilitate meetings are necessary.
· Experience working with Full Circle/PLM software a big plus.
Submit resumes and salary requirements through Enthusiast Network or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Roark Revival is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information and any other characteristics protected by law.