McLEAN, VA (July 23, 2001) -SIA and The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) have formed an alliance that will help attract more visitors to SIA ’02 while on their way to next year’s Olympics.
This type of agreement between show management and the city is an unusual one, as Las Vegas handles thousands of trade shows every year. However, since this arrangement benefits both parties, it’s become a win/win opportunity for Las Vegas and SIA as the two groups formulate special event options, contests and marketing strategies. Las Vegas and SIA’s promotional campaign will include:
· Web Hyperlinks – so you can ‘click’ and find everything from restaurants and shows in Vegas to taking advantage of the all that Nevada has to offer. Go to (www) travelnevada.com, lasvegas24hours.com or visitingcities.com.
· Direct Mail – The Nevada Commission on Tourism and LVCVA will mail out ‘outdoor’ information to industry participants.
· International Receptions – winter sport professionals/international buyers, tour operators, and event planners will be invited to receptions in Germany and Tokyo so they can learn more about coming to SIA on their way to the Olympics.
· On-site Special events and promotions are being developed.
· Co-op Advertising – An ad promoting SIA and Las Vegas will run in three consumer magazines: SKI, Transworld Snowboarding, and Outside Magazine.The overall advertising Show ad campaign will generate almost 5,000,000 ad impressions between trade and consumer publications. This portion of the Las Vegas campaign is an extension of an enhanced outreach advertising campaign with several industry consumer publications.
This alliance further develops the relationship between Las Vegas, the #1 convention city in the U.S. and SIA, the largest winter/outdoor trade show in the country.