The Outdoor Retailer Summer Show in Salt Lake City can be a total sensory overload. Booths that stretch on for miles, free swag, Cliff Bars, Nalgenes, and plaid—oh so much plaid.
Outdoor Research and online resource The Stone Mind decided to have some fun with the chaos this year, poking fun at the high density of plaid wearers and inventing a new game called the Plaidstagram Bingo Challenge. The Challenge is actually a photo contest crossed with a bingo game that will give OR-goers a chance to win several prizes and supremely patterned bragging rights.
The competition is on the second day of OR, so luckily The Stone Mind had a little time to explain it to us. Here’s how it works:
1. Pick up a bingo card from Outdoor Research (booth #26015), or download at The Stone Mind.
2. Snap an Instagram photo of the rad plaid content identified in one of the bingo squares.
3. Follow @thestonemind, @outdoorresearch, and @semi_rad on Instagram.
4. Tag the picture with #ORPlaidIsRad and the above Instagram handles.
5. Once you have five squares in a row (vertical, horizontal, diagonal), return to the Outdoor Research booth to claim your plaid prize. (You’ll need your phone to prove you’re not cheating.)
6. Don’t cheat!
(Hint: During the show Brendan Leonard, a.k.a. outdoor blog celebrity Semi-Rad, will be walking around the convention center as one of the corner squares of your bingo card.)
The first 12 people to complete their bingo cards will win a plaid shirt and trucker hat from Outdoor Research, as well as a Petzl headlamp. So if you need something to make your OR experience a little more fun, check out the Outdoor Retailer Plaidstagram Bingo Challenge and walk away with some new gear. Not a bad deal at all.