Watch The Vans Triple Crown Of Surfing Live On Free "Vans Live" App
"Vans Live" Kicks Off with the Vans Triple Crown of Surfing this Friday and is an Ongoing Portal for all Vans Events
Cypress, CA (November 11, 2010) – Witness the world’s top action sports athletes and events live – anytime, anywhere – on the free “Vans Live” app for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch available for download at http://www.vans.com/apps/. Starting with the Vans Triple Crown of Surfing, the pinnacle of big wave surfing at Oahu’s famed North Shore, “Vans Live” brings you top action sports events as they happen and will be a continuous portal for all Vans events across other boardsports as well as Vans music and art happenings.
“Vans Live” kicks off with the 28th Vans Triple Crown of Surfing presented by Rockstar Energy Drink on Friday, November 12, and enables surf fans to watch top-ranked pros such as Kelly Slater, Jordy Smith, Mick Fanning, Dane Reynolds and many more vie for the coveted Vans Triple Crown of Surfing title and the season ending showdown at the infamous Banzai Pipeline. Vans also debuts a daily pre-event morning show, "The Call", airing each day at 7:45 am and offering live web coverage of the series including latest news, highlights and happenings. Viewers can watch the "The Call" through "Vans Live" app or at www.vanstriplecrownofsurfing.com.
“Vans Live” App Features for the Vans Triple Crown of Surfing:
– Live Appcast: Each Vans Triple Crown of Surfing event streamed live in low and high bandwidth with dynamic heat scores for all six Triple Crown contests: Reef Hawaiian Pro (Men’s), Cholo’s Hawaiian Pro (Women’s), O’Neill World Cup of Surfing (Men’s), Gidget Pro (Women’s), Billabong Pipe Masters (Men’s) and Vans Duel for the Jewel (Women’s)
– Photos: Live ASP photo feed by event with new images refreshed throughout the day
– Videos: Daily event highlights, highest scoring rides, rider interviews, North Shore behind the scenes and more
– News: Daily news updates on the competition, competitors, conditions, outstanding performances/best rides and anything else noteworthy for the day
– Forecasts: Daily surf report, conditions and swell forecast “powered by Surfline”
– Results: View results by heat, including upcoming heat draws
– Push Alerts: Be the first to find out when the event is live and don’t miss a minute of the action
-Daily Morning Show: Tune in to "The Call" every morning at 7:45am for a live, pre-event morning show that will bring you up to speed on all the latest news, highlights and happenings every day of the series. "The Call" will air 15 minute segments during "on" days and 30 minute segments "off" days
– Wave-by-wave coverage: Led by veteran commentator Dave Stanfield and his seasoned North Shore crew
Stay tuned for more info on Vans events slated to stream on "Vans Live" in 2011.
Vans supports and promotes surfing through a full line of surf footwear and apparel, events such as the Vans Triple Crown of Surfing™ and through sponsorship of many of the world's top surfers such as Nathan Fletcher, Joel Tudor, Pat, Dane and Tanner Gudauskas, Timmy Reyes, John Florence and Leila Hurst.