As reported on Uberreview.com
For those of us that were hoping that the Shark Shield would allow us to safely surf the sharkiest lineups in the world, there is a bit of disappointing news. Whilst being tested in South Africa, under the supervision of the Natal Sharks Board, a female great white ate a Shark Shield device that had been attached to a float. This has been the cause of speculation that the electrical fields designed to repel sharks might in fact attract them.
For the full article check out Shark Shield Eaten