Is it really a shock that this group of girls (Carissa, Coco, Malia, Laura, Lakey, and Monyca) is going to push the bar even higher with Nike 6.0's upcoming film, Leave A Message? No, not really. This next generation of girls—well they're the now generation, too—have been producing on all the hype. And now it's time to do the natural thing: make a sick-ass shred flick to show everyone just how hard they rip. And surprise surprise, these girls that have long been touted as the future are also turning into beautiful women.
Six girls, 6.0, makes sense. Here's the cast that will be blowing your minds on a screen this May. And yes, all of them are under 21…
- Currently #1 ranked female in the world
- Current US Open champ, in which she won the richest prize purse in women's surfing history.
- Roxy Pro Gold Coast 2011 champ
- TSB Bank Women's Surf Festival 2010 champ
- Rip Curl Pro Portugal 2010 champ
- Gidget Pro Sunset Beach 2009 victor, as a wildcard
- Currently #5 ranked female in the world
- 2009 Women's ASP World Tour R.O.Y.
- Rip Curl Pro Search Portugal 2009 champ
- Currently #3 ranked female in the world
- 2010 is Laura’s rookie year on the ASP Women’s World Tour
- 2010 ASP Pro Junior Women's World champ
- Youngest US Open champ, ever.
- First woman to ever stick an air reverse in competition.
- You've probably seen her on a Gatorade billboard in LA with Serena Williams.
Leave A Message will be available for free download on May 24, 2011 at nike6.com/leaveamessage. And stay tuned for more on the current generation of females changing the game in our forthcoming Female Issue…