Editors Note: **Methodology** For 40 days, and 40 nights we tirelessly polled the industry in a two-part survey-- using our patent-pending (no, not really) VIP and People's Choice Nominations. VIP surveys were distributed by invite only to key industry executives and shop owners and were weighted as 70% of the final results. The People's Choice polls were conducted on twsbiz.com and were weighted at 30%. Think of it as the electoral college and the popular vote. Just like our nation's elections, well, probably more so, the votes were rigorously patrolled for fraud and to ensure only one vote was cast per person. We received thousands of responses and hundreds of votes were cast in each category.
For the complete story, pick up a copy of the January issue of TransWorld Business. In the meantime, check out what each winner had to say about strategies for completing a successful year, and check out coverage from the 2011 awards show at Agenda Long Beach earlier this month.
We asked over 3,000 core retailers to weigh in on what sales reps and companies have done the most this year to help support their stores' growth, goals ,and continued success. Here's whom they chose and what makes these individuals and companies stand above the rest for helping the cause of specialty retailers. Click on each of the award winners for an in-depth interview on how they achieved success in 2011.
- Most Innovative POP: Burton Snowboards, Chalk Boards, Demonstration Boards, Custom Shelves, and Doll Displays
Regional Reps of the Year
Retailers voted for the sales rep who has done the most this year to help support its store growth, goals, and continued success. Click through each region to read more about who the reps are and how they killed it in 2011.
- California: Nikki Sternin, Skinny Bitch Sales – Mervin Mfg., Roxy hardgoods, Quiksilver & Roxy
Wintersports, Quiksilver Mountain Division, POW Gloves, Vivo Headwear, Airhole Face Masks
- Mid Atlantic: Chris Cooper, Spraying Gravy – Skullcandy, Sanuk, Stance, Spy, Neff, Salomon/Bonfire, Celtek, Hex, Chums/Beyond Coastal, Mizu
We reached out to hundreds of industry big wigs and reps to weigh in on which of their retail partners did the most in 2010 to help support their company's growth, goals, and continued success. Here's who they chose – read up on what each shop is all about and their impressions of the year that was 2011:
Regional Shops Of The Year
For each region in which you do business, what core retailer has had the largest impact, shown the most innovation, and done the best this year?
- Breakout Category #1 Brand: Ladies Shoes, TOMS
- Recession Buster (by dollar market share): Volcom hats
- Turnstile (by dollar market share): Sector 9 Short Complete Skateboards (<34″)
- Hard Sell #1 Brand (by dollar market share); SUP Boards