OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE – TRUCKEE, Calif. – Dec. 2, 2008 – Give the gift of a once-in-a-lifetime ski experience with black diamonds that last more than one season at Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort this winter. For those seeking an over-the-top package that is designed to impress, the Black Diamond Ski Package features luxury lodging, lift tickets, numerous on-mountain experiences, dining and a $10,000 rare black diamond necklace.
The Black Diamond Ski Package includes:
• seven nights lodging in a three bedroom, three bathroom residence located in One Village Place which is the only residential resort in the world that has a gondola coming out of the lobby. Guests of One Village Place have an exclusive entrance to the gondola from the lobby. Accommodations offer a fusion of California contemporary and mountain warmth with modern décor and rustic accents,
• two, six day adult lift tickets and two, six day children’s lift tickets,
• premium ski or snowboard rentals from Black Tie Ski Rentals which conduct boot and ski fittings in the privacy of the guest’s vacation residence,
• four days of private ski or snowboard lessons and on mountain guide service,
• a five-day Balance Spa package which includes two services per adult each day and one family Yoga or Tai Chi session,
• $300 dining credit at the new Baxter’s Bistro & Lounge in the Village at Northstar™,
• $300 dining credit at Mikuni Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar in the Village,
• $300 dining credit at Moody’s Bistro & Lounge in Truckee,
• $225 credit at the new Chocolate Bar in the Village,
• $100 credit at Starbucks in the Village,
• ice skating for the whole family in the Village,
• two s’mores kits for roasting marshmallows over one of the many outdoor firepits in the Village, and;
• a rare 17.5-inch black diamond necklace featuring a black Tahitian pearl from Spirits in Stone.
Total package price is $26,653. This special package is offered Jan. 1, 2009 through the end of the season based on lodging availability. Taxes are not included in this package offer.
The resort created this special package to celebrate the expansion of advanced terrain on Lookout Mountain and the completion of the four-year $55 million Village at Northstar project which features new restaurants this season including Chocolate Bar and Baxter’s Bistro & Lounge, as well as unique boutique retailers like Olivier Napa Valley, Gloss and Spirits in Stone which is featuring the black diamond jewelry.
Real black diamonds, known as “Carbonados” are incredibly rare. Spirits in Stone, creators of the black diamond necklace, is one of the original boutiques in the Village at Northstar and one of the few galleries and jewelers in the United States to carry the specialty stone. According to Anthony Ponter, proprietor of the gallery, “scientists believe black diamonds are not even of terrestrial origin, but rather plummeted to earth as fragments of asteroids and meteorites. These ‘Space Diamonds’ formed in the cataclysmic forces of far flung and ancient stars are among the oldest and rarest precious materials in the universe.”
For more information or to book the Black Diamond Ski Package, please visit www.tahoemountainlodging.com or call (866) 320-1342.
About Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort
One of the finest year-round mountain resorts in North America, Northstar Resort is host to a new base area village featuring 35 unique shops and restaurants, a conference center, 9,000 square foot skating rink, on-site lodging, special events and more. A winter sport enthusiast’s paradise, Northstar Resort offers 89 ski trails spread across 2,904 acres, award-winning terrain parks and snow sports including alpine and telemark skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and tubing. Summer activities include mountain biking, golfing, scenic lift rides for sightseeing and hiking, fly-fishing and more.
Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort is located on Highway 267, just six miles north of Lake Tahoe and six miles south of downtown Truckee. For more information, call 1.800.GO.NORTH (1.800.466.6784) or visit www.NorthstarAtTahoe.com.