Burton Snowboards is looking for a new brand director to be based out of it’s Burlington, Vermont headquarters. Check out The Job Board for more information:
It doesn't get any better than this-- as part of our marketing team you'll be building the look, feel and attitude that sets Burton apart as the world's leading snowboard brand. Just like the riders that inspire us, our departments are always innovating, tapping the latest outreach concepts from grassroots to global broadcasts. Join up and be part of a fast-moving, dynamic and high-impact part of Burton as the Brand Director! This position is a critical role within Burton's Global Marketing Team, located at the company's headquarters in Burlington, Vermont. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Brand Director is responsible for managing the people and processes that help deliver world-class brand collateral and programs for Burton Marketing on a year-round basis.
The Brand Director plans, organizes, and oversees Burton's brand marketing projects through all project life stages, from market research and stakeholder alignment through the creative briefing process, cross-functional communication, delivery and market execution. Key projects include, but are not limited to, the Consumer Catalogs, Dealer Catalogs, Ads, Packaging, Retail Marketing, Visual Merchandising, Seasonal Launches, Trade Shows, and Promotions. Additionally, this position interacts and coordinates with Sales, Product and Creative as a significant part of the job, to ensure the end product meets company objectives. The Brand Director role will also work closely with the global Marketing Directors to ensure alignment and transparency across all regions.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
1. Working with the VP of Marketing, Sales, Product and Creative to identify all brand marketing needs for each season.
2. Developing short and long-term marketing plans and programs to ensure key company goals are met through the collective efforts of the Brand Marketing team and its partners, agencies and vendors.
3. Creating and managing a master calendar of launches, deadlines and deliverables to support all year-round brand projects.
4. Overseeing the kick-off, creation and delivery of all Strategic Briefs to the Creative teams. Working alongside the Project Management and Creative teams to ensure effective transfer and comprehension of the key deliverables outlined in each brief. This process includes conducting consumer/market research and competitive analysis prior to conception of the brief.
5. Acting as lead communicator throughout each project for Sales, Product and global regions, by providing all key updates, direction, approvals and alignment.
6. Is responsible for a team of brand and retail marketing staff and the Brand budget.
7. Executing compelling, informational and motivational presentations to key stakeholders throughout the year, about Brand programs and projects.
8. Building and maintaining a deep understanding of snowboarding and the snowboard industry, as well as an understanding of the year-round lifestyle and opportunities that surround the sport.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree plus at least 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidates should have strong communication skills and the ability to simplify and explain complex messages, while remaining technical. Candidates must have the ability to track the status and timelines of various overlapping projects. Experience in both consumer and customer (retailer) sectors, ideally within the action sports and the lifestyle industry, is required.
Candidates must be willing (and excited) to travel!