Read the complete job descriptions below provided by Vans:
Category Manager for Classics
Help us progress an American footwear original for the next 40 years!
Although Vans Classics made their debut as the original skate shoes more than 40 years ago, these Southern California icons are more relevant than ever and we're looking for an innovative professional to help guide Vans' most important product category to even greater heights. The Vans Classics Category Manager role demands a strong blend of cultural connectivity in the action sports, music, art and street culture worlds as we strive to keep Vans Classics and our brand at the forefront of the lifestyle footwear market.
The Vans Classics Category manager owns, creates and champions the vital Classics line globally, driving strategic direction and product line management. Responsibilities include business plan development, concept/product briefing, cross-functional team leadership between Product, Sales and Marketing, sales and margin accountability – all with a relevant focus on our consumer and our competition within each unique market and sales channel. Candidate must be an opportunity identifier, evaluator and creator, while maintaining control-related standards and procedures.
Responsible for creating, owning, and championing a channel of the global footwear business including overall strategic direction and product line management. This includes business plan development, concept/product briefing, cross-functional team leadership, sales and margin accountability – all with a relevant focus on our consumer and our competition (current/future) within each unique market and sales channel. Being an opportunity identifier, evaluator, and maker. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
– Initiates and leads product concept, design, and development process
– Outlines category direction and consistently evaluates for relevancy and new opportunities
– Acts in setting, analyzing and driving organizational and category goals
– Works seamlessly with marketing partners to develop and maximize brand/category initiatives
– Evaluates current business processes to identify improvements and leverage infrastructure
– Attends key account meetings, trade shows, market visits for presentations, relationship building, and trend/market research
– Encourages and maintains constant communication and feedback amongst all organizational partners
– Partners closely with Vans retail to maximize brand/category presentation and sales
– 4-8 Years of Related Professional Experience
– Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides required knowledge, skills, and abilities
– Familiarity in the Action Sports Industry
– Ability to think strategically and act tactically
– Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and problem solving skills
– Comfortable in self-starter environment
– Basic computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, Lotus Notes
– Exercises strong interpersonal skills across internal and external partners
– Ability to work in an open environment with product team and cross-functional partners
– Computer proficiency including specific job-required applications
– Follows through with all tasks, assignments and job duties in a timely manner
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements
– Moderate travel of about 25% required
– Willing and able to work additional hours when needed
– Bend, lift, open and move product and related office items varying in weight from 1 to 25lbs, depending on need
Cypress, CA, U.S.
Vans is also looking for a Girls Footwear Manager. View the job description at Transworld Business right HERE.
Want your job posting featured on Transworld Business? EMAIL US